What is Group Therapy?
Group therapy brings together a small number of individuals who are going through a similar experience in a safe environment. Sessions are led by a trained group leader. Individuals have the opportunity to share personal experiences as well as listen to others in the group.
It’s normal to feel nervous during the first few group therapy sessions, but over time most people begin to feel comfortable opening up about themselves. Of course, sharing is always by choice, and individuals are only encouraged to contribute to the group conversation when they feel comfortable.
Through group therapy, individuals can learn new things about themselves, gain insight into their relationships in life, and address feelings of anxiety and isolation.
At Chicago Rehab Center, we understand that one size does not fit all when it comes to substance abuse treatment and recovery. By utilizing evidence-based clinical programming, we’ve designed programs that are tailored to the individual’s needs, goals, and desires throughout their recovery process.
Benefits of Group Therapy Chicago
Group therapy offers multiple benefits to participants in their road to long-term recovery. As a participant in group therapy, you can:
- Learn new things about yourself
- Create new patterns of thinking and self-talk
- Adjust the way you relate the world
- Learn effective coping skills
- Improve your mental health
- Gain understanding about specific conflicts within your environment
- Address feelings of depression and isolation
- Overcome anxiety
- Have a safe space to express emotions
- Improve your quality of life
Group Therapy Chicago with CRC
Our PhD-led group therapy treatment options help make the most of your time at CRC Institute. Combined with medical oversight and holistic and extended care practices or just on their own, our gender-specific groups help process the difficulties of a new life in recovery as well as celebrate the successes.
Our group therapy offerings include topics related to:
- Early Recovery
- Emotional Sobriety in Recovery
- Meditation and Mindfulness for 12-Step
- Advanced Relapse Prevention
- DBT Skills Group (weekly evening sessions)
- Advanced DBT Practice
- Recovery & Emotional Sobriety
- Skills Groups
- Disordered Eating
- Family Coping Skills
- Relationships and Sobriety
- Being of Service
No matter what type of treatment issues you or your loved one requires, CRC can create a unique and stimulating schedule for continued growth with peer support and Ph.D. oversight. Our group therapy team at CRC meets patients at whichever stage they are at in their recovery, and also provides custom options for family therapy.
Group therapy sessions at the CRC Treatment Center in Chicago are available on a weekly, bi-weekly, or daily basis with a highly-trained therapist.
Other areas we service for group therapy include:
CRC Institute: Group Therapy Chicago
Group Therapy Chicago: Modern Recovery Therapies for Substance Abuse
NAD+ is a therapy helping individuals stay on the path to recovery. Also known as Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide, it’s a naturally occurring enzyme that promotes the production of energy within our body’s cells. With NAD+ therapy, individuals can improve brain function.
Vitamin IV Therapy
Mental Health Therapy
Our goals at CRC are:
- Help you heal your mind, body, and soul through a variety of effective treatments and therapies
- Provide state-of-the-art care to help you during your healing process
- Teach you tools to cope with life’s challenges in a healthy way
- Help you to feel empowered and confident in your life
- Help you gain awareness and insight into your specific triggers
- Address any co-occurring mental health conditions
- Treat not just yourself as an individual but also address your relationships with family members and loved ones
- Offer you collaborative therapy and treatment during your recovery
Our medical and wellness teams provide patients with a truly singular experience through respect, kindness, and compassion that promotes ease and tranquility.
Begin Your Addiction Recovery
Speak with our team to see how we can help you with our evidence-based addiction treatments & integrated medicine approach.
Why Choose CRC Institute Treatment Center in Chicago, IL for Group Therapy and More
About CRC Treatment Center in Chicago, IL
Chicago Group Therapy: Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Chicago group therapy good for?
What can I expect from group therapy Chicago?
What makes group therapy Chicago successful?
Is group therapy for everyone?