What is Group Therapy?
Group therapy involves a small number of people who share similar experiences talking through their issues in a safe and confidential environment. Sessions are conducted by a trained therapist or counselor. Individuals are free to share their personal experiences and listen to others during the session.
While some individuals feel nervous going into their first group therapy session, they eventually become comfortable talking about themselves with others in the group. It is important to remember that sharing is optional in group therapy, and people are asked to contribute when they feel comfortable doing so.
Thanks to group therapy, people can understand themselves better as well as their relationships with other people, and talk through feelings of isolation and anxiety.
At the Chicago Rehab Center, we understand that no two people react to substance abuse treatment in the same way. However, we use evidence-based programs that work for your individual needs and desires, aiding your personal recovery process.
Benefits of Group Therapy Evanston
Group therapy can be useful for several reasons on your journey towards recovery from addiction. These benefits include:
- Learn new things about yourself
- Create new patterns of thinking and self-talk
- Adjust the way you relate the world
- Learn effective coping skills
- Improve your mental health
- Gain understanding about specific conflicts within your environment
- Address feelings of depression and isolation
- Overcome anxiety
- Have a safe space to express emotions
- Improve your quality of life
Group Therapy Evanston with CRC: Get the Help You Need
Our PhD-led group therapy treatment options help make the most of your time at Chicago Rehab Center. Combined with medical oversight and holistic and extended care practices or just on their own, our gender-specific groups help process the difficulties of a new life in recovery as well as celebrate the successes.
Our group therapy offerings in Evanston, IL include topics related to:
- Early Recovery
- Emotional Sobriety in Recovery
- Meditation and Mindfulness for 12-Step
- Advanced Relapse Prevention
- DBT Skills Group (weekly evening sessions)
- Advanced DBT Practice
- Recovery & Emotional Sobriety
- Skills Groups
- Disordered Eating
- Family Coping Skills
- Relationships and Sobriety
- Being of Service
CRC can create a unique and stimulating schedule for continued growth with peer support and Ph.D. oversight, no matter what type of treatment you or your loved one requires. In addition, our group therapy team in Evanston meets patients at whichever stage they are at in their recovery and provides custom treatment options for family therapy. Group therapy sessions at the CRC Treatment Center in Evanston are available weekly, bi-weekly, or daily with a highly-trained therapist.
Other areas we service for group therapy include:
CRC Institute: Group Therapy Evanston
Group Therapy Evanston: Modern Recovery Therapies for Substance Abuse
NAD+ is a therapy helping individuals stay on the path to recovery. Also known as Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide, it’s a naturally occurring enzyme that promotes the production of energy within our body’s cells. With NAD+ therapy, individuals can improve brain function.
Vitamin IV Therapy
Mental Health Therapy
Our goals at CRC are:
- Help you heal your mind, body, and soul through a variety of effective treatments and therapies
- Provide state-of-the-art care to help you during your healing process
- Teach you tools to cope with life’s challenges in a healthy way
- Help you to feel empowered and confident in your life
- Help you gain awareness and insight into your specific triggers
- Address any co-occurring mental health conditions
- Treat not just yourself as an individual but also address your relationships with family members and loved ones
- Offer you collaborative therapy and treatment during your recovery
Our medical and wellness teams provide patients with a truly singular experience through respect, kindness, and compassion that promotes ease and tranquility.
Begin Your Addiction Recovery
Speak with our team to see how we can help you with our evidence-based addiction treatments & integrated medicine approach.
Why Choose CRC Institute for Group Therapy and More
In order to heal from a chronic condition, one thing has to change – Everything. This journey towards health and wellness is different for every individual, but the two elements that are always involved include Connection and Magic. In order to achieve these two treatment components, our therapies at the CRC Institute are:
About CRC Treatment Center
CRC Treatment Center is home to the industry’s most stimulating and successful programming for an evidence-based personalized approach to substance abuse treatment and health optimization that facilitates whole-person healing. Our treatment and wellness team consists of the best doctors, clinicians, and holistic practitioners in their field.
Evanston Group Therapy: Frequently Asked Questions
Who would benefit from group therapy Evanston?
What can I expect from group therapy in Evanston, IL?
What makes group therapy Evanston successful?
Is group therapy Evanston for everyone?