What is Counseling in Mental Health?
Mental health involves your psychological, social, and emotional health and is an important aspect of being human. Our mental health affects our thoughts, how we feel, how we choose to act, how we handle stress, and how we view ourselves in the world.
Mental health counseling at CRC can help you to identify the cognitive, emotional, and behavioral elements of your substance abuse. It can also help you to learn ways to live a healthy lifestyle, identify triggers that negatively impact your mental health, and learn new ways of managing stress and your overall mental health.
At CRC in Chicago, our mental health counseling consists of trained counselors who ask questions to help you address your problems. Our team also helps you to create new coping strategies, as well as gain self-awareness.
At CRC Treatment Center, we understand the importance of being properly diagnosed. Our team takes a fully comprehensive and integrated approach to provide you and your family with the most accurate picture of your diagnosis.
What Does a Mental Health Counselor Do?
A mental health counselor at CRC incorporates various evidence-based therapies into each individual’s treatment to help them manage and overcome their mental and emotional disorders. Through a goal-oriented approach, our mental health counselors help clients better understand destructive thoughts, feelings, and beliefs and how to replace them with positive, life-enhancing ones.
Mental health counselors at CRC typically do the following:
- Assess, diagnose and treat mental disorders experienced by clients, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), eating disorder, anxiety, and depression
- Encourage clients to discuss their thoughts, emotions, and experiences
- Help clients process their feelings and adapt to changes in their life, such as divorce or loss of a job
- Conduct group sessions with families
- Develop a personalized treatment plan to help clients gain insight through treatment
- Help clients develop strategies and skills to effectively cope with difficult situations
Evidence-Based Mental Health Counseling with CRC Treatment Center
Modern Recovery Therapies for Substance Abuse
NAD+ is a therapy helping individuals stay on the path to recovery. Also known as Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide, it’s a naturally occurring enzyme that promotes the production of energy within our body’s cells. With NAD+ therapy, individuals can improve brain function.
Vitamin IV Therapy
Mental Health Therapy
Our goals at CRC are:
- Help you heal your mind, body, and soul through a variety of effective treatments and therapies
- Provide state-of-the-art care to help you during your healing process
- Teach you tools to cope with life’s challenges in a healthy way
- Help you to feel empowered and confident in your life
- Help you gain awareness and insight into your specific triggers
- Address any co-occurring mental health conditions
- Treat not just yourself as an individual but also address your relationships with family members and loved ones
- Offer you collaborative therapy and treatment during your recovery
Our medical and wellness teams provide you with a truly singular experience through respect, kindness, and compassion that promotes ease and tranquility.
Begin Your Recovery
Speak with our team to see how we can help you with our evidence-based treatments and integrated medicine approach.
Why Choose CRC Treatment Center in Chicago
In order to heal from a chronic condition, one thing has to change — everything. This journey towards health and wellness is different for every individual, but the two elements that are always involved include connection and magic. In order to achieve these two treatment components, our therapies at CRC Treatment Center in Chicago include:
Our Board-certified and licensed medical team goes to extraordinary lengths to fully and comprehensively evaluate all of our patients’ concerns, needs, medical history, and specific goals for treatment.
Our unique combination of therapy, clinical modalities, and outpatient programs have consistently proven to help individuals overcome and heal from substance abuse for a successful long-term recovery.
About CRC Treatment Center in Chicago
Chicago Counseling: Frequently Asked Questions
What defines mental health?
Mental health involves our psychological, social, and emotional health. Our mental health affects our self-talk, our thoughts, how we feel, how we choose to act, how we handle stress, and how we view ourselves in the world. A variety of factors can affect our mental health, including life experiences (trauma), a family history of mental health issues, and our brain chemistry.
Our counseling services, with some of the best counselors in the Chicago area, can help you address your mental health concerns.
Can mental health counselors diagnose?
What are the five signs of mental illness?
What can CRC’s counselors help me with?