What is PTSD?
Post-traumatic stress disorder, also known as PTSD, is a mental health condition that is triggered after you have witnessed or experienced a traumatic event. The symptoms of PTSD can include severe anxiety, flashbacks, nightmares, and recurring thoughts about the event. If not treated, these symptoms can often last for months or years and can drastically interrupt your daily routine.
For those who experience PTSD, receiving proper treatment and self-care is critical for improving quality of life and reducing symptoms.
Causes of PTSD
The causes of PTSD will vary, but any individual who has experienced a traumatic event can develop the condition. In some cases, symptoms of PTSD may not even appear until years after the event that triggered the condition. Some specific causes of PTSD can include:
- Experiencing or witnessing stressful events
- The recurrence of intrusive memories
- A family history of anxiety or depression
- Your response to stress
- Brain chemistry
PTSD and Substance Abuse
Individuals with PTSD are oftentimes at higher risk for experiencing substance abuse and co-occurring illnesses. At Chicago Rehab Center, our expert team takes a whole-person approach to your treatment and recovery plan, rather than simply addressing one symptom of your current condition. Our mental health therapy program meets you where you are at and carefully develops a plan that is right for you.
Our Evidence-Based Approach to Treatment and Therapy for PTSD at CRC Treatment Center in Chicago
Recovery Therapies for PTSD Treatment
NAD+ is a therapy helping individuals stay on the path to recovery. Also known as Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide, it’s a naturally occurring enzyme that promotes the production of energy within our body’s cells. With NAD+ therapy, individuals can improve brain function.
Vitamin IV Therapy
Mental Health Therapy
Our goals at CRC are:
- Help you heal your mind, body, and soul through a variety of effective treatments and therapies
- Provide state-of-the-art care to help you during your healing process
- Teach you tools to cope with life’s challenges in a healthy way
- Help you to feel empowered and confident in your life
- Help you gain awareness and insight into your specific triggers
- Address any co-occurring mental health conditions
- Treat not just yourself as an individual but also address your relationships with family members and loved ones
- Offer you collaborative therapy and treatment during your PTSD and/or substance abuse treatment
Our medical and wellness teams provide patients with a truly singular experience through respect, kindness, and compassion that promotes ease and tranquility.
Begin Your Recovery
Speak with our team to see how we can help you with our evidence-based treatments and integrated medicine approach.
Why Choose CRC Treatment Center for PTSD Treatment: Evidence-Based Counseling and Care
About CRC Treatment Center in Chicago
CRC Treatment Center in Chicago is home to the industry’s most stimulating and successful programming for an evidence-based personalized approach to substance abuse treatment and health optimization that facilitates whole-person healing. Our treatment and wellness team consists of the best doctors, clinicians, and holistic practitioners in their field.
PTSD Treatment at the CRC Treatment Center: Frequently Asked Questions
What triggers PTSD attacks?
Can PTSD Be Cured?
What is the Best Way to Treat PTSD?
How Long Does it Take To Recover From PTSD?